Design is Everything
Altitude pre-conditioning provides protection from acute and possible lethal hypoxia by preserving vital organs and reducing the formation and severity of pulmonary edema”
Thousands of people each year ascend to altitude, whether it be for mountaineering expeditions or just Ski vacations. Individuals invest a great deal of time and money on such trips.
Mountaineers must spend weeks at base camp acclimatizing to the harsh hypoxic conditions they will face in their trek to the summit. The risk of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) or other factors preventing a successful ascent or ruining a vacation is always present.
Through the simulation of EPO production and other physiological effects, users can expect the following benefits as a result of such a pre-acclimatization program:
- Reduced symptoms of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS)
- Money saved by minimizing time spent acclimatizing on site
- Increased probability of a successful summit attempt
- Improved Power & Endurance
- Diminished Fatigue
- Decreased recovery time after aerobic & anaerobic efforts