Piero Sacchetta is the Founder and Owner of Advanced Athletes Performance (AAP) and has over 30 years experience as an elite athlete and coach.
Piero was Australian Senior Javelin Champion in 1990 and Australian representative in numerous national and international meets between 1985- 1996. He has also been a past Australian Junior Javelin Champion in 1985. Piero is also a 6 time Victorian Javelin Champion between 1989 and 1996.
For a period of 15 years between 1981 and 1996 Piero trained and was coached by one of the Worlds best Track & Field coaches in the great Franz Stampfl. Based at Melbourne University the training group consisted of some of this countries most famous and awarded athletes from varied and different disciplines including middle/ long distance running, to the power events such as sprinting, jumping and throwing.
- Ralph Doubell -800m (800m Olympic Gold medalist & World Record Holder, Australian Record holder)
- Peter Bourke -800m (Commonwealth games Gold Medalist)
- Gael Mulhall / Martin – (Shotput, Discus, World Champion/ World Record Holder Powerlifting)
- Bev Francis – (Shotput, Discus, World Champion / World Record Holder Powerlifting, Bodybuilding Champion (Pumping Iron 2) )
- Pam Matthews – (Australian Javelin Champion, World Champion / World Record Holder Powerlifting)
- Sue Reinwald – (Australian Shotput, Discus Champion)
- Sue Howland – (Australian & Commonwealth Javelin Champion)
Piero has also had a successful coaching career assisting athletes in various sports to make it to the highest level in their respective sports.
Piero is also the personal coach of Australia’s fastest man , Joshua Ross, who won the Australian Championships in the 100m & 200m over a period of 2 years in 2012 & 2013.
Piero has had athletes represent Australia at:
- Olympic Games
- World Championships
- National championships
- State Championships
- BSc (Ed), University of Melbourne
- Majored in Physical Education & Physiology
- Part way through his MBA (Monash University)
His work experience includes seven years secondary teaching in a private boys school in the areas of science, biology, physical education and Sports Coaching. Much of Piero’s time was spent coaching adolescents and preparing them for their respective sports. Piero was able to manage his teaching duties while he represented Australia and traveled the Track & Field Grand Prix Circuit while he was an athlete.
Post teaching, Piero worked at senior management level in the pharmaceutical industry for over 10 years, first as a Territory Sales Manager and then as a Commercial Business Manager with one of the largest Pharmaceutical companies in the World where the roles ultimately involved educating Specialists (Rheumatologists, Gastroenterologists, Endocrinologists, Obstetrician & Gynaecologists, Cardiologists), General Practitioners, Nurses, Pharmacists and other allied health professionals about new ground breaking technology and products in the medical area. Today, in addition to his directorship at Fit2b Australia, Piero also sits on the board of Medical Flavouring Systems and Intercare Australia.