What is an Exercise Physiologist?
Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) hold a four year university degree and are allied health professionals who specialise in the delivery of exercise for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries. (ESSA, 2013)
AEPs provide support for clients with:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Mental health Problems
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Weight management
- Pulmonary disease and more
What can exercise physiologist do for you?
- overcome persisting pain caused by injury or overuse
- improve your heart health
- rehabilitate following a cardiac event
- control your diabetes
- prevent pre-diabetes from progressing to full diabetes
- improve your recovery following cancer treatment
- improve your general health and wellbeing
AEP’s vs Personal Trainers
AEPs are not personal trainers. AEPs are allied health professionals who work specialise in the delivery of exercise for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries. AEPs are able to register with Medicare Australia, The department of veterans affairs and WorkCover and are recognised by most most private health insurers.
Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP)